Thursday 26 February 2015

Review of Estee Lauder free gift (Debenhams) & Tutorial

Hello again!

Ok so I only uploaded my first blog about 2 hours ago, but I feel like I'm going to become addicted to uploading them now!

In my recent debenhams purchase, there was an offer on with Estee Lauder- Purchase two products and get a free make up bag and sample products (along with their 10% off beauty offer, ah!). I purchased the double wear foundation (which is amazing), and a double wear lip liner pencil in 'nude' (which is not so great). I wasn't really expecting much as free gifts tend not to be so great. I was soo wrong. This is the best free gift ever!

It comes with 7 free products!
Take it away- Make up remover lotion (yet to try)
Advanced night repair- Synchronized recovery complex (retails at £69 for the full bottle!)
Revitalizing supreme- Global anti-aging creme (I'm only 20 so I don't think i'll be needing that just yet)
Pure colour- Long lasting lipstick
Pure colour- Gloss
Pure colour- Eyeshadow palette
Modern muse- Perfume

I decided I'd do a mini make-up tutorial/look on a couple of the products, because they are just so fab!

For the eyes- the eyeshadow palette comes in four shades- 79 summer linen (matte), 47 nude fresco (satin), 35 hot cinnamon (shimmer) and 38 chocolate bliss (matte).
I don't tend to wear a primer under my eyeshadow unless it's for a night out, and with this being more of a day look, i decided not to use a primer.

I started off by using a fluffy eye brush and applied the chocolate bliss shade (my transition shade) along my eye crease in windshield wiper motions.

I then got an angled fluffy eye brush and took the shade summer linen and applied this all over my eye to give a neutral base shade.

I then got a fluffy dome brush and applied the shade nude fresco along the inner half of my eye, my inner crease and under my eye.

Using a flat dome eye brush, i got the shade hot cinnamon and applied it to the outer corner of my eye and along the crease, flicking out at the end to give a defined look.

For the lips- The lipstick comes in the shade 55 blushing creme, and the lipgloss 09 rock candy (shimmer). Although i don't really like shimmer lip products, this lipgloss is the best things i have EVER tried. It looks great just on its own, or applied in the middle of your lips over a lipstick (especially over MAC Faux shade!).

I started off using a pink lip liner (Natural Collection- Ruby Rose), and then I put the Estee Lauder lipstick all over my lips. 

Then, I got the lipgloss and applied it just in the middle of both my upper and lower lips. I find that this creates the illusion of plumper, jucier lips. A lot of lipglosses that I've used tend to get quite sticky, but this one is so moisturizing and lasts forever.

I hope you enjoyed my mini make-up tutorial and review of the Estee Lauder free gift.
It can be found here- http://www.debenhams.com/beauty/estee-lauder?DM_PersistentCookieCreated=true

Bethany xo















 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment