Thursday 26 March 2015

Review of Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover- camouflage makeup for face and body

Heyy :)

I recently made an order with feelunique (they had up to 50% off beauty products so i couldn't resist). I came across the Estee Lauder camouflage make up and it had £10 off its original price so i got it for only £15.30- bargain!



Although my skin isn't super red and spotty, I thought it would be good to have on hand just in case my skin does flare up, or for nights out when I want a bit more coverage. I bought it in shade 03 (1N3) Creamy Vanilla and the colour match is perfect. It has SPF 15 in it, so is good for anyone wanting a bit of sun protection in the sunnier months.

I applied the tiniest little amount to my finger (smaller than a pea sized amount), and dotted it over my face. I then took my Real Techniques Buffing Brush and buffed the foundation into my skin. I was shocked at how such a tiny amount could spread and cover so well! Although i didn't put enough on to give that full coverage, it is definitely buildable. I think that this worked quite well with my oily skin- although i did still have to touch up after about 4 hours, it wasn't super oily and it didn't slide off my skin- it definitely stayed put! When I next use this foundation, I will experiment with different brushes as I feel that the buffing brush didn't do well in terms of filling in my pores as they still looked quite enlarged, but I'm sure my Sigma F80 brush would solve that! Also I think that the beauty blender would go perfectly with this foundation as it would sheer it out a little, while still providing that full coverage.

I hope you enjoyed my review, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants a foundation with the potential to give a super full coverage! It's also travel friendly (unlike a lot of foundations now) as it comes in a plastic tube.

Bethany xo

No comments:

Post a Comment